Re: At the end of my installation rope!

Subject: Re: At the end of my installation rope!
From: Larry Blodgett (blodgett@telocity.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 14:08:46 MDT

My guess is that the initial CD boot is trying to figure out what
some device or PCI card is. In some cases this takes an unusually
long time. I one time waited for 10 to 15 minutes and it finally
recovered. Don't ask me why the long wait, I don't know. Sorry if
this is not helpful and you have waited for hours. Also, I know that
you have reburned the CD but have you checked or verified the CD with
CDR Scanner on the machine that is booting the CD? Is this a
standard CDR or a CDRW? I agree that this should all be easy.

--
Larry Blodgett
Email: blodgett@telocity.com

--- Linux, WinNT, MS-DOS - also known as the Good, the Bad and the Ugly ---"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither." -B. Franklin ---"Always ask the question, never assume the answer." -Marcus Radich 1999