Installation and MAKEDEV problems...

Subject: Installation and MAKEDEV problems...
From: Nemo (Solworks@ntlworld.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 14:45:25 MDT

Hi all, I've got a problem with trying to install YDL 2.0.

 I downloaded YDL 2.0 iso and burned it (with toast 5) just fine. It boots
fine into the graphical (or text) installer alright aswell. I go through the
installation process (I've tried both the suggested one and the custom one)
and do everything up to a certain point, partitioning the HD ( 4gig for Mac
OS 9.1, 10mb for the bootloader, 128 swap & 15.1 gig for / ) and then the
problem crops up.
 I choose one of the packages (base installation, home/office etc) and click
the button to start the process. What happens next is the problem. I get

'Error
-----

Package MAKEDEV was not found
Please correct this manually.'

Now, I didn't get any CRC's when I downloaded YDL (Via FTP from
ftp.mirror.ac.uk), it burned ok and there seemed no problems with the CD so
I deleted the ISO.
 I am totally in the dark as to what to do, I've got a CD which always
crashes in the same place, I would really appreciate anyone who can give me
some insight into what to do (Short of downloading the iso again :/ ).
All and any help is very greatfully recieved. laterz.

-nemof