Re: Installation issues on "Wall Street" G3 (400/128MB/DVD/6GBHD)

Subject: Re: Installation issues on "Wall Street" G3 (400/128MB/DVD/6GBHD)
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 15:52:42 MDT

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Sean Fay wrote:
>When I start the install of YDL 2.0 I can get to where the packages are
>selected and the system starts to read from the cd to install the
>packages. But for some reason the cdrom drive then stops and the whole
>installer program seems to hang at about 1 or 2 % into the install.

 I had a similar problem with my WallStreet as well. I think what I ended
up doing is removing the DVD drive and using the CD-ROM for the install.
Also, there were times when I though it was doing it again, and I left the
machine to think about its existence (while I contemplated ending it) and
it recovered and completed the install.

 So, I'd say, try the CD-ROM drive (if you still have it) first, and then
try the 'wait and see'.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada