Re: apache and router issues

Subject: Re: apache and router issues
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 17:53:22 MDT

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Mike Garabedian wrote:
>When I (or anyone else) tries to connect to my website using either the
>dyanmic dns name or my actual WAN IP address, they just time out, and
>there is no trace of them in my linux access logs.
>
>I thought it might be a problem with the port forwarding from my router,
>but since sendmail works fine receiving mail, then outside requests to
>port 25 must reach the machine fine.
>
>Any suggestions? Is it a virtual server configuration problem? Is it
>another apache configuration problem?

 Can you connect to the linux box via ssh from the outside world?

 If so, then it is likely an Apache config problem. If not, then either a
router problem or a NAT/IPMasq problem.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada