RE: evil bad ISO

Subject: RE: evil bad ISO
From: Pete Peters (ppeters914@home.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 18:02:56 MDT

When you say "install the OS on each of" the 7xxx Macs, do you mean YDL?
Those are Old World Macs which *REQUIRE* a working MacOS HFS partition
to start the boot process, then BootX or the MkLinux booter will then
boot Linux. Also, those are NuBus Macs which creates a whole new set of
issues. I'd recommend checking out Linux/PPC on NuBus Macs
<http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net> and subscribe to that list. One of
the links is pretty good regarding installing YDL
<http://www.infernosoft.com/beowoof/installingLinux.html>.

As far as upgrades, the only issues I remember reading about are
regarding the G3 upgrade cards. Only recently can anyone get Linux
working w/ a Sonnett card, and only after patching and tweaking. I've
had zero problems w/ my PowerLogix G3 card. You'd have to search/post
the list asking about other cards like MacTell, NewerTech.