Problems with YDL 2 Installation

Subject: Problems with YDL 2 Installation
From: Irena and Richard Jenkins (rjenkins@pop.alphalink.com.au)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 21:15:04 MDT

Greetings People !!

I have had limited success with Yellowdoglinux version 1.2.1 so I
thought I'd live dangerously and try my hand with YDL 2. Nice
installer ... should be a breeze! Not such a good idea for me
because I am stuck at the installation stage.

These are the details of my machine...

Macintosh 6360
80 meg RAM
1.5 Gig partition for Linux
60 meg swap partition
15 inch Apple monitor

L2 cache is on the way!

My installation begins after selecting the 'bootX' segment of Control
Panels ... and then some hard disk activity leads to my screen
blanking and the install starting. I get a blank screen and then the
message: Welcome to linux, kernel 2.2.19-1i. Then following lines
of text refer to Start, frame buffer, etc. and the screen displays
"booting ..."

Then there is hard disk activity and then nothing (for 10 minutes) so
I feel it's safe to say nothing.

Feeling extra brave I tried the vmlinux kernel from my earlier
version. Thisstarted ... but crashed when USB was mentioned! Is
there something generally wrong with 2.2.19-1 ... and ought I look
for an alternative kernel? Where should I go for this one?? Maybe
my disk has a corruption at this point ... I know this can happen.
Can someone on the list please assist me to get this thing INSTALLED?

Thanks for all/any help.

Richard