Weird install problem, hope someone can help

Subject: Weird install problem, hope someone can help
From: French, Michael (MFRENCH@ashevill.gannett.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 23:05:18 MDT

        Just got one of the brand new Quicksiler G4 866Mhz, 1GB Ram,
60HD, added 30GB second drive. Has the Nvidia card in it and a
superdrive (DVD-R/CD-R). Comes with both OS X and 9.2 installed, they
boot fine. Added the second disk, it is seen, I just left it as free
space. Put in my shiny new Yellow Dog 2.0 install CD (bought at the
store) and rebooted and held down the "C", nothing else. Sites forever
at the grey screen, kinda sounds like there is a little cd activity.
After about 30 secs, the little Mac computer icon comes up and it boots
into whatever the Startup disk was set to (tried with both OS X and 9.2)
and ignores the cd. What gives? Any suggestions. Thanks for the help,
I would love to get this screamer running linux!

Michael French
Asheville Citizen-Times
IT Dept.
(828)236-8966