Burning ISOs: Windows vs Mac

Subject: Burning ISOs: Windows vs Mac
From: Pete Peters (ppeters914@home.com)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 11:16:33 MDT

Recent posting under the "at the end of my rope" thread discusses
successes and failures using CDs burned from YDL ISOs on Windows and
Macs. I am getting ready to purchase a CDRW for my Intel box (currently
W98SE, but will be changing to either W2K Pro or XP Pro). Costco has a
pretty good deal on the TDK veloCD 24x10x40 ($135), which includes Nero
5.5, though I may still go for a Plextor, which IIRC still ships w/ the
old 4.0 version of Adaptec's EZ CD Creator.

I am concerned about burning CDs to use on my Mac, and would appreciate
further comments from those of you have experience in this area. Please
be specific as to what OS, interface (EIDE, SCSI, USB, Firewire),
brand/model CDRW, and burning software.

Thanks.

Pete
Pete Peters <ppeters914@home.com>