Re: Burning ISOs: Windows vs Mac

Subject: Re: Burning ISOs: Windows vs Mac
From: Dana Robinson (derobins@students.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 12:31:19 MDT

Pete-

I use an IDE Plextor Plexwriter 12/10/32A with the Adaptec EZ-CD Creator 4
that came with it. The OS is Windows 2000. It is rock solid and very
fast. The only time I have ever seen it make a coaster is when burning a
CD with remote shared data on a busy network (I'm aware that this is a bad
idea - I was just testing the limits of the burner). It seems to work
just fine for burning CD's for Mac as that is what I used to make my YDL
ISOs. I have heard that CD creator 5 has severe Win2k issues so I'd check
the 'net before upgrading if that's the OS you'll be using.

Oh, another thing... Even though CD Creator 4 works just fine for the
most part, I've had one computer that after a while couldn't find the CDRW
and required a reinstall of EZ-CD Creator. It also doesn't seem to work
properly unless you have Administrator privilerges. We use domain
accounts instead of local accounts, so I can't say if Power User
privileges allow you to use the software.

HTH,

Dana Robinson