Re: Resolution and Screen Placement Issues...

Subject: Re: Resolution and Screen Placement Issues...
From: Donn Tarris (donntarris@home.com)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 15:16:50 MDT

On Friday, September 7, 2001, at 12:35 PM, Dan Burcaw wrote:

> What video card does a stock 9500 have?

listed as "ATY,XCLAIM" in profiler. ATI XCLAIM.

> So is it XFree86 for you that is a no go, or the console video?

?? Not sure what you mean... everything works with the install, I just
don't end up with the correct resolution vs. depth. I was told in a
previous email from Kai that some things just may not work - I don't
want to hear that in this particular case, seeing as it worked in the
previous version. It's not ancient (even by computer standards) as far
as the age of the display or video card, so I see no reason why it
shouldn't work. It's of special importance to me because a lot of the
refurbished setups I'd be using for my clients would be similar to this.

Thanks for the reply!
Sincerely,
Donn