Installation help...

Subject: Installation help...
From: Joe KOOL (joek44l@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 15:36:04 MDT

Hello List.

Will it ever end? These seemingly endless streems of requests for help
during the installation process? I guess its unlikely. Anyway if
someone could help me out with this installation problem then I would
be that much closer to being able to help someone else...

Anyway, my problem is that the boot loader (BootX, as I have a beige G3
minitower. 300MHz. IMS3D PCI video card and a ATI mach 64 built in)
starts up, I prepare to install using the vmlinux kernal that intalled
off the bootX installer, I specify the ramdisk and then when it goes in
to YellowDog the video is messed.

So I try everything from specifying a number of different video cards
to using no video driver and still the same problem. I pull out my
extra card and the same thing. Recently I tried to install LinuxPPC,
and after specifying "video=atyfb video=ofonly". Unfortunately while
it was booting up the was a swap sinc error and I can't handle
re-organizing my ram...

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Joe.