YDL2.0 install fails with fatal error on iBook2

Subject: YDL2.0 install fails with fatal error on iBook2
From: Richard Weltman (richard.weltman@mcr1.poptel.org.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 11:42:00 MDT

hi there - can any kind person help with this one ?!

..it was exciting because i just bought a new iBook2001, and
i had been learning some Linux with YDL2.0 on a 6100, but
on the iBook, the installer quits with a fatal error which I
should report back to TerraSoft. I haven't written down the
details because the error happens when installing the home office,
or workstation set-ups, but not with the base install, which
i have just done - and that seems to work fine, and i'm just
working up the patience to try again. The message was along
the lines of <couldn't write the config files for eth0>.
This happens during the transferring packages stage.

Obviously, i'll copy the error message down and forward it,
if this isn't a frequently encountered problem.

Does anyone have any ideas to get me going ?

the iBook has three (+ swap + bootloader) partitions for,
OS9.1, OS X, and YDL2.0, and i really need a dial-up connection,
not Ethernet. There's no AirPort card, and the Mac OSs all seem
to be working fine.
thanks

Richard

welt@mac.com