ybin and yaboot

Subject: ybin and yaboot
From: Stephen Carr (sgcarr@civeng.adelaide.edu.au)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 17:25:21 MDT

Dear Yellowdog users

I am new to this list as I have just installed Yellowdog Linux 2.0 on
a new ibook (dual usb).

This is to inform you that I recommend not upgrading yaboot or
ybin but use those on the install CD. That is yaboot 1.1.1 and ybin
0.31.

If you upgrade to the latest ybin/yaboot you may loose the boot
menu that give the options of Linux, Macos and cdboot and end up
booting MacOS only and having to use the CD to get back into
yellowdog linux.

PS any fix for the dmasound-pmac not starting?

Regards
Stephen Carr

Stephen Carr
Computing Officer