Blown Partition-Help!

Subject: Blown Partition-Help!
cbsled@ncia.net
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 17:59:59 MDT

I accidentally tried to mount an audio CD.
This caused the system to freeze up tight.
I had to do a hard reset. Ctrl-Alt-Bksp didn't even work to kill X.
On reboot the fsck bombed. It suggested I run fsck manually.
That bombed. It suggested I try an alternative superblock, but I have no idea which block out of the millions on the drive I should try. Is there any hope, or is it toast?

Carl Brown cbsled@ncia.net
Microsoft: The company that made eMail dangerous.