Re: YDL2.0 install fails with fatal error on iBook2

Subject: Re: YDL2.0 install fails with fatal error on iBook2
From: Matthew Larson (ml582@columbia.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 20:17:12 MDT

It sounds like your partitions are in order and everything else should
work. I installed YDL 2.0 on an iBook2 (writing this email on it now)
with the same setup: os9.1, osx, YDL, each on a partition. I think I
got lucky because I chose the developer install, and it went on like a
charm. I have seen other messages about broken RPMs or some such thing
with the other installs, so maybe going with the developer install will
help.

Of course, if the base install is working, might it be worth it to stick
to that and add it RPMs?

This may not help as your error message doesn't sound like anything to
do with broken packages, but at least you know it can be done. Also,
it's very worth it--this is the most fun computer I've had, what with
the triple boot and Linux running so nicely.

If this doesn't help a more detailed explanation of your partition setup
and error messages would of course help.

Matt Larson