Re: Palm sync with YDL

Subject: Re: Palm sync with YDL
From: Stefan Jeglinski (jeglin@4pi.com)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 19:06:35 MDT

>Just to test the waters, I launched make menuconfig. That failed because
>I don't have ncurses installed. (What's ncurses?) Then I tried make xconfig.
>That fails because it can't find some hdr files: stdio.h, string.h, &c. I've
>tried in dirs that have been installed via rpm and srpm; the later from the
>Source CD. I'd've thought that'd be all the source I'd need. No?

I can't tell you what the xconfig issue is, but put ncurses on it and
somewhere, look on your CDs.

rpmfind is your friend, the latest YDL ncurses is at
  <http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/yellowdog/1.0/champion-1.2/ppc/YellowDog/RPMS/ncurses-5.0-9.ppc.html>

but that's clearly for YDL1.2. There's a very modern LinuxPPC ncurses
there (5.2-8). Only thing to beware of is glibc. Is YDL2.0 compiled
with glibc 2.2.x? Does it even matter for ncurses?

Stefan Jeglinski