yaboot disabled from macos

Subject: yaboot disabled from macos
From: John Klinck (klinck@ccpo.odu.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 13:33:32 MDT

   I have a curious problem with a dual boot powerbook (G4) running mac os
9.1 and ydl 2.0. I am using yaboot to choose between the two os. The problem
is that if I am using macos and even open the control panel for the startup
disk, yaboot is no longer available but the computer always starts macos.

   The temporary fix is to hold the option key on startup which leads to a
graphics boot loader that allows me to choose which system I want to start.

   A linux wizard fixed the problem when it happened earlier, but I did not
see what he did and he is no longer around to ask. Apparently the order of
the boot loaders changed and I can not remember where, or how it was
changed.

   I looked around the ydl web to find a solution. Sorry if I missed the
relevant page. Thanks in advance for any help.

John

John M. Klinck
Center for Coastal Physical Oceanography
Department of Ocean, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Old Dominion University
Norfolk, Virginia 23529
phone: 757 683-6005, fax: 757 683-5550 email: klinck@ccpo.odu.edu