Re: Almost there on laserwriter via netatalk

Subject: Re: Almost there on laserwriter via netatalk
From: Sean O. Denney (sdenney@cise.ufl.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 19:18:21 MDT

Whe you setup your printcap file, have one setting for eps and ps
files, then have another for text files. This is what mine looks
like:

stylps|Apple Stylewriter for PostScript, using gs for rasterization:\
        :lp=/dev/stylewriter:sd=/var/spool/lpd/stylps:\
        :px#3060:py#3960:sh:sf:rw:\
        :if=/usr/local/sbin/stylps:\
        :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

Of course this is for a Stylewriter 2400, a non-poscript
printer. To convert from postscript to raw format, a printer help file
is called. The printer file /usr/local/sbin/stylps is a simple one
line argument to gs:

/usr/local/bin/gs -q -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pbmraw -r360x360 \
        -sOutputFile=- - \
|/usr/local/sbin/lpstyl

You'll have to figure out your own specific settings to gs to convert
from raw format to postscript, but this should get you started on the
right track.

--- Sean