No console output to screen w/ 2.4.9-benh

Subject: No console output to screen w/ 2.4.9-benh
From: Ludwig (mariachi@mac.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 21:41:46 MDT

Compiled the 2.4.9-benh0 kernel from penguinppc.org, and now I get no screen
output after the initial pre-banner, pre-dmesg stuff. Unlike the 2.4.9 from
kernel.org, this one will accept keyboard input, and if I log in blind and
startx, X outputs to the screen perfectly, as do terminals from within X. On
shutting down X, black screen with a frozen cursor, although kbd input still
works. I've tried specifying "console=tty0" and "console=/dev/tty0" in the
boot arguments, to no avail. Attached is the dmesg.