YDL Working Again

Subject: YDL Working Again
From: Brian Watson (bcwatso1@uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 00:37:36 MDT

I followed Darron's advice and wiped the linux partition off of my
server. I also used the precompiled rpms instead of trying to
compile/install things on my own. Things seem to be working now, but
of course I can't tell if DNS is working until this things gets
plugged in at home. The connection and all of the internic entries
point to the box at home, and so there's nothing I can do to test it
here. Also, my connection here is protected by a firewall, so I
can't really do much in terms of testing the dns functionality of the
server. ssh, proftpd, apache and such seem to work fine. As long as
I can login, I should be able to get named working, if it isn't
already. That just leaves qpopper to get running. No one would
happen to have an rpm made for that?? Anyone?

--Brian