Re: Kernel update

Subject: Re: Kernel update
From: David Wheeler (David@Wheeler.net)
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 23:19:03 MDT

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Åke Svensson wrote:

> Brian,
>
> I would recommend getting kernel source for kernel 2.4.8 at:
> http://www.terraplex.com/~dburcaw/kernel-2.4.8/kernel-source-2.4.8-0.4c.ppc.
> rpm.

Thanks for the instructions, Aake. It all worked great except for one
thing. When I insert a CD-ROM into my Tibook, and try to mount it, I get
the following error:

mount: Wrong medium type

Can anyone tell me why this wouldn't be working? It worked fine with the
2.2.19-1k kernel, and it's just a YDL 2.0 CD I'm tring to read.

TIA!

David

--
David Wheeler                                         AIM: dwTheory
David@Wheeler.net                                     ICQ: 15726394