Re: Minor issues with YDL...

Subject: Re: Minor issues with YDL...
From: Ken Schweigert (ken@byte-productions.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 07:59:14 MDT

I may be a little off-base here, but when you said date and time are reset,
the first thing that came to my mind was OpenFirmware. If I remember correctly,
both date and time and video settings are pulled from OF. You might want to try
booting into MacOS and setting your date and video there and then reboot into
linux.

HTH

--
-Ken Schweigert, Aspiring Network Administrator
Byte Productions, LLC

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 07:21:40AM -0500, Andy Green wrote: > Hi, > > Again I would like to express gratitude to the guys who have worked so hard > to bring us YDL. Thanks guys... > > I am having a couple of minor problems with my system and I'm not sure how to > correct the problem. I didn't see anything about this topic in the archives, > but I may have mised something. Apparently my system is not saving any of the > settings that I am specifying when I exit the system. When I log back into > the system after shuting down, the date and time are reset and the > Xconfigurator settings are reset to default as well. More than anything, this > is just plain anoying. I should have to reset these items every single time I > login. > > Can anyone help me solve this problem? > > Thanks, > Andy