Re: OpenOffice633b and KDE 2.2.1 Core Dump

Subject: Re: OpenOffice633b and KDE 2.2.1 Core Dump
From: Kevin Hendricks (khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 10:07:44 MDT

Hi,

The problem is not KDE 2.2.1 and OpenOffice 633B, it is a problem with
XFree 4.1 and how truetype fonts are being used.

You can do one of:

1. revert back to XFree 4.0.3 and everything will work

2. rebuild XF 4.1 and turn off truetype support (or make sure freetype
is being built with -fPIC as it should since it is being linked into a
shared library)

3. simply remove all truetype fonts from your font paths.

4. wait for the soon to be released OO638B which may or may not fix
these issues (I am still using XFree 4.0.3 and can not test my latest OO
build under XF 4.1)

Kevin
Volunteer Porter for OpenOffice Org