Re: Web Publishing Question -

Subject: Re: Web Publishing Question -
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 17:25:34 MDT

Robert Brandtjen wrote:

> No, I gave the ownership and file permissions over to apache, and I can
> create files there from the command line as user apache - which is why it's
> so frustrating.

But have you actually tested this by su'ing to that user and trying it
out in the actual final directory? Whenever I've been bitten by this in
the past, it was because I was either the wrong user (Apache by default
runs as the "nobody" user, but sometimes a user called "apache" is used)
or the path's permissions were such that one of the directories was
inaccessible. Apache DAV definitely does work.

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street