PCMCIA Ethernet Card on a Powerbook 2400

Subject: PCMCIA Ethernet Card on a Powerbook 2400
From: Rob (orthanc@crispdata.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 00:58:13 MDT

Hi, I'm trying to get YDL 2.0 to recognize my PCMCIA Ethernet card (a
Kingston KNE-PC2) on a Powerbook 2400. There is no built-in networking so I
need to get this up. It claims to recognize the card (it is on the ppc
supported list), and returns the device info, but when it tries to load the
main driver pcnet_cs, it gives 2 errors:

kernel: pcnet_cs: RequestIO: No more items
cardmgr[403]: get dev info on socket 0 failed: no such device

I don't know what they mean, but it never creates the ethernet port so I
can't configure networking. Does anyone have any clues? Should I just go
with SuSE, which officially supports the 2400 (though people say that YDL
should work as well)?

Thanks

-Rob