BootX, RAMDISK and extention problems

Subject: BootX, RAMDISK and extention problems
From: Serge (werger@earthlink.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 04:05:47 MDT

Hello,
I am tring to install YDL 2.0 on my inhereted PowerBook 3400c. I installed BootX just fine, but cant get much further. I am New to the Mac world, so i would greatly appreatiae if you would explain things in great detail.
The problems I've got stuck on are:
After installing BootX, I choose the RAMDISK image in compressed mode (filename.gz) press ok, click on linux... linux starts booting and gets stuck saying
               RAMDISK:Compressed image found in sector 0
I've read in the archives that to solve this problem I should uncompress the image file. After doing so, I get stuck even earlier in the process. If i select the uncompressed image from options menu in BootX and click linux, a message pops up saind that i have a bootX extention problem (something about an unsuspected trap )
So far I tried disabling bootX extention, but the error is still there. if you have any other suggestions that I can try, please let me know.

Serge