Re: SMTP Conf problems

Subject: Re: SMTP Conf problems
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 10:05:16 MDT

on 9/18/01 12:01 AM, Brian Watson at bcwatso1@uiuc.edu wrote:

> I'll fool around with it. I remember the first time I did this,
> sendmail didn't work at all until I added the mail.majuki.com
> somewhere. I'll experiment with it. There's also the
> local-host-names file. If anyone out there uses sendmail for smtp
> and has the files configured, I would appreciate an example. Under
> normal circumstances I would have saved a copy of the .cf file, but I
> had to do a clean installation and wipe the partition. My
> installation of YDL was beyond repair. :( (I couldn't even access
> networking to get essential files off of the computer. I could have
> used a floppy, but that didn't occur to me at the time.)

I use to move a lot of mail on two separate servers, I did not have those
altered at all that you altered.

You can get a easy to use (mostly) GUI for sendmail by installing webmin, it
will provide a great many tools in fact. Download the tar.gz file from
www.webmin.com and use the RH 7.1 operating system.

The local-host section has a help area, as does webmin itself.

 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
 Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com
 www.prometheusmedia.com