Re: Hey, I a real newbie to linux

Subject: Re: Hey, I a real newbie to linux
From: Mike Burger (pluto120@cox-internet.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 10:32:30 MDT

on 9/18/01 11:22 AM, godsmoke at chris@gravweb.com wrote:

> When I try to start yup in the console it gives me a bash error.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

I'm also looking for a similar answer if anyone has a solution. I've
installed Yellow Dog several times on my Powerbook 3400c and I cannot get a
terminal to run. In KDE or anywhere else, the terminal window paints on the
screen, paints the command prompt and then immediately closes. This also
happens as the root user. If I log into all other options besides KDE, the
same thing happens, if its straight to a command prompt without X, it
immediately logs out once you finish entering a password.

The only installation that I have successfully been able to work at the
command line is the base install. Obviously I would like to be able to work
in KDE/Gnome with a command line and not simply a laptop with command line
only as is the base install.

Thanks