Re: YDL 2.0 on a PowerBook 2400

Subject: Re: YDL 2.0 on a PowerBook 2400
From: Timothy A. Seufert (tas@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 13:47:28 MDT

At 2:42 AM -0700 9/18/01, Rob wrote:
>Thanks for the info, Tim! I used your memory settings (which README is that
>in? The one I saw had different settings)

It was in the how-to-build-and-install instructions for whatever
version of the pcmcia-cs package it was I downloaded and built (it
was the latest release version as of about a week ago). Sorry to be
so unspecific, I can't get at the 2400 right now. :)

>and I think it works (I can ping
>locally but can't test externally yet because my dongle is missing).
>>
>>> I never got the Cardbus upgrade hack. What cards has it let you use?
>>
>> I haven't tested anything but a Tulip-based (21142/3) 10/100 ethernet
>> card (made by Netgear).
>
>Would be nice to get a firewire card working.

 From what I've heard, they should work under MacOS. Linux support
might be iffy (firewire support is not very mature yet in Linux).

If you're handy with a soldering iron you can do the mod yourself --
you just have to modify the value of two resistors, and since the
value needs to go down that can be done by piggybacking a second
resistor on top of the original. Write me off-list if you want the
details.

--
Tim Seufert