Re: bad discs / can't burn my own

Subject: Re: bad discs / can't burn my own
From: johnathan spectre (jspectre@lords.com)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 13:04:39 MDT

on 9/19/01 9:50 AM, Paul Cézanne at pZ@MacSpeech.com wrote:

> I just realized that I had mounted the image so the disc image burn failed
> with the -54. Once unmounted, it burnt fine, but it STILL does not boot.

right. as I said you need an image you NEVER MOUNTED. go download it again,
do not mount it. you don't need to. tell toast you have a DISK IMAGE and
drag it into toast, DO NOT MOUNT IT, toast should recognize it and let you
burn it. it should boot fine then.

I don't understand why people mount disc images anyway..

Once the image is mounted there IS NO WAY to fix it so it will boot again.

Save yourself a lot of headaches, when you download images, lock the file as
soon as you get it so it can't be written to regardless (there shouldn't be
any need to write to a disc image) and NEVER MOUNT IT.