Window Manager Peculiarities on YDL?

Subject: Window Manager Peculiarities on YDL?
From: Ted Goranson (tedg@sirius-beta.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 14:26:06 MDT

Linerati--

I have my basic install problems knocked down to a short list, and I
now turn to perhaps the most interesting set of choices: Gnome or
KDE, and more specifically which window manager.

So far as I can see, Gnome and KDE are roughly equivalent unless you
are attracted by specific K-related applications. I'm not so far, so
am using Gnome -- on my Pismo and kernel 2.4.8 there's a major sound
problem which is apparent on KDE startup.

But there seems to some significant religious discussion about window
managers. Two leaders seem to be Sawfish and Enlightenment. Quite
apart from personal preferences, are there any YDL or PPC-peculiar
issues with anything in this space?

Best, Ted

--
Ted Goranson