Re: Window Manager Peculiarities on YDL?

Subject: Re: Window Manager Peculiarities on YDL?
From: johnathan spectre (jspectre@lords.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 16:07:07 MDT

I've been using Enlightenment for years now and love it. Never had a problem
and sound works just fine through esd. Some people say it has high memory
requirements and is slow with some of the more elaborate themes but on my
500mhz Pismo with 1G ram I've never had a problem with it.

One thing I've never liked about KDE & Gnome is the task bars and such (yes,
I know you can remove them, but it seems to me they're designed so you need
them). I like running E with a clean interface until I open up a bunch of
Eterms. Epplets can add some extra functionality and little whizzy things, I
usually use gkrellm for system monitoring.

I've tried Sawfish and it's a nice, low-overhead window manager, I'd
probably use it if I didn't use E. A good friend of mine swears by AfterStep
on his TiBook.

--js