Fwd: Re: [wxPython] wx.cpp compile fails with src/gtk/wx.cpp:61: warning: `struct PyObject * t_output_helper(PyObject *, PyObject *)' defined but not used

Subject: Fwd: Re: [wxPython] wx.cpp compile fails with src/gtk/wx.cpp:61: warning: `struct PyObject * t_output_helper(PyObject *, PyObject *)' defined but not used
From: Patrick Callahan (pac1@tiac.net)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 05:58:21 MDT

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: Re: [wxPython] wx.cpp compile fails with src/gtk/wx.cpp:61: warning:
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 20:02:09 -0400
From: Patrick Callahan <pac1@tiac.net>
To: wxpython-users@lists.wxwindows.org

Robin you don't have to read this, I'm just posting it for others who may run
into similar problems.

On Thursday 20 September 2001 09:46, you wrote:

<snip > <see previous message on this topic>

> > src/gtk/wx.cpp:2501: `wxEVT_DETAILED_HELP' undeclared (first use this
> > function)
>
> These errors indicate that you are building wxPython 2.3.x with wxGTK
> 2.2.x, they need to be the same. You said above that you built wxGTK
> 2.3.1, if you did then you must not have installed it, or there is a
> conflict in some other way with wxGTK 2.2.x

Ok . Thanks Robin.

As Robin suspected, wxGTK-2.2.x was hiding in /usr/local/* from an earlier
build. I probably built the 2.2.x without specifying a prefix so it
defaulted to /usr/local. (Since that earlier build I've been using --prefix
/usr for all my builds and this works fine for wxGTK and wxPython. )

wxPython did not seem to mind that wxGTK is in /usr and Python 2.1 is in
/usr/local although that might not be good practice. I put it there to
prevent interference with Python 1.5 which will probably cause me problems
later but I'll burn the Python 1.5 bridge when I come to it.

Anyway, I got rid of all those wxGTK-2.2.x files in various directories
under /usr/local and wxPython proceeded to build and install nicely.

-Pat Callahan