Re: Sorry , modem doesn't respond:(((.---- Correction

Subject: Re: Sorry , modem doesn't respond:(((.---- Correction
From: ke Svensson (aakesve@algonet.se)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 22:01:27 MDT

With kernel 2.4.8 you should run PPP 2.4.1 at least.

Aake

I had that problem and it drove me crazy. I went to Wvdial.conf, deleted
the text, saved, the ran Dialup Configuration. It works fine now. I use PPP
Dialer.

Al
Hi Jose,

I have the same odd problem on my PowerBook G4. Never used minicom or
kppp, but with wvdial most of the time I get the modem up and running
after numerous retries. Sometimes it seems to help to rmmod/modprobe
macserial. Since I don't use the modem very often, I can live with it.
Nevertheless, if you find a proper solution I would be lucky to hear about
it.

Carsten

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, jose wrote:

> Hello!:
>
> Sorry but I'm unable to run kppp sinde I'm using kernel 2.4.8, with the
> same configuration for kernel 2.2.19-1k and 2.4.8 I'm only able to use
> modem with the first one.
>
> I've been reviewing all about devices, permissions ... becomig mad,
> praying, dancing in front of the iMAC ancestral dances, but anything new
> :)).
>
> As I've said you, with minicom I'm able to control the modem, the device
> is detected during boot, I'm using KDE 2.2 compiled from
sources, YDL 2.0,

> Maybe 'pppd' package isn't OK, or any kernel special compilation flag
> I'm not using.
> Could anybody help me?
>
> Best regards.

Re: sorry, modem doe