YDL Install hangs at beginning of package dependency check

Subject: YDL Install hangs at beginning of package dependency check
From: Robert Patton (pattonfam@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 22:15:20 MDT

During a new clean install of YDL 2.0 (received just 2 weeks ago) on a
beige G3, I can get through the package install but, just before package
dependency checking, it hangs. A few times, the title bar on the XWindow
claimed that it had started the package dependency checking and other
times it still says what it did during the package install - something
about 'progress' I believe.

At any rate, I can't seem to get past it. I've tried it with and without
a disk in the Zip drive. I tried it with new clean partitions twice and
with the packages already installed 3 times (the latter involves hitting
some "Ok" or such-like button about 200 times while the installer tells
me that each of the packages is already installed and of the same
version).I've tried choosing the suggested "Default" install and the
"Custom" where it asks you a few more questions. I've tried the
graphical and the text-based installers. I even let it stay in this
state overnight once just to make sure that the problem wasn't just with
my level of patience.

In case it matters, I'm using BootX and the machine has 96MB.

Thanks for any assistance.

Regards,

Bob