Simply complex!!!

Subject: Simply complex!!!
From: Wayne Burns (wburns@centramedia.net)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 14:30:20 MDT

After updating from KDE 2.1.2 to 2.2.1, I cannot access the Konqueror file
manager and browser through my user account, BUT I can through the root
account. Here is exactly what happens:

1. Start root and the kde desktop, but do not access anything. Exit desktop
and exit the root account.

2. Start my user account and the kde desktop. Everything works normally,
including the Konqueror file manager and browser.

That is the only way I can get the user account to work with Konqueror file
manager and browser.

If I initially start kde desktop through my user account (without first going
through the above root start), then both the Konqueror file manager and
browser WILL NOT work. HOWEVER, using this conventional approach does allow
me to use KMail and KNode off the desktop.

Help, help, help!

Wayne Burns