Re: Can't boot RAM disk on upgraded 9600

Subject: Re: Can't boot RAM disk on upgraded 9600
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 14:31:45 MDT

I have an almost identical setup to yours (9600, Rage Orion, PowerLogix G3
card, Sonnet ATA, MacAlly USB card) - so you should be able to make
progress. Did you read the post on the list today from Yuri K about the
need for kernel support for the ATA card? I am running a 2.4.10 kernel - so
I can't comment on whether the 2.2.19 kernel has support for the ATA card.

Pete Peters is referring to the PowerLogix cache profiler software that
contains hooks that enable the L2 cache on PowerLogix cards to be accessed
by Linux. I believe that past posts have reported success in using this
software with other brands of accelerator. It's worth a search - this list
is a goldmine of information.

  Iain