Gamma correction

Subject: Gamma correction
From: Merrill Aldrich (merrillaldrich@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 18:15:20 MDT

Hi -

This might sound like a whacky question, but is there anything like a
gamma correction tool for Linux? I have a dual-boot cube and an
Applevision monitor, and I have noticed that the image on the screen is
radically darker in Linux than in MacOS. Images that look fine on the
MacOS side are very dark in Linux, to the point of being almost
illegible. The physical brightness and contrast controls on the monitor
will not compensate for the difference. Has anyone else noticed this?

- Merrill Aldrich

To e-mail me remove "boing" from my address.