Re: Building a New Kernel and LILO

Subject: Re: Building a New Kernel and LILO
From: ke Svensson (aakesve@algonet.se)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 11:20:45 MDT

> You need to copy the new vmlinuz file to the same place where you have
> the old one (on the Mac OS partition) make a backup of the old file,
> first!
>
> Best regards,
> Chris

You also need to copy the new kernel AND the file 'System.map' to the
directory '/boot'. Before copying you can name the new kernel to
'whatever_you_like', that will preserve the old kernel (vmlinux) in '/boot'
and on your Mac HD. Then choose the new kernel in BootX and restart! Your
off!

Regards,

Aake
PPC 7600 - a workhorse!