Newbie help needed...

Subject: Newbie help needed...
From: Brian L. Friesen (bfriesen@visual-image.com)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 18:32:16 MDT

Yes, I admit I'm a Newbie. But I'm not stupid.

I really want to get this thing running and can't get past the initial install.

Tech support has not helped. Can anyone help?

Installing YDL 2.0 on a Beige G3 Tower

Hardware: PowerPC G3 Beige Tower (purchased in 1998)
           333 Mhz, 256 MB RAM, 6 MB VRAM
           35 GB Hard Drive
          Sony Trinitron Multiscan 500 PS 21" Monitor

Attempted configuration:

Partitioning: 5 GB for Mac OS 9.04
               30 GB+/- for YDL 2.0 and other software.

Problem:

After following the instructions to the letter at least a half dozen
times from initializing and partioning the drive to selecting the ram
disk and clicking on "Linux", I get the same result.

The screen goes dark and nothing happens.

On several occasions the screen showed very, very dark lines of text
saying various drivers were being checked, but that's it. Nothing
happens. The screen stays dark. Restart after restart.

Have tried the text ram disk image as well. Same result.

Could the Linux install disk be corrupt? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian

--
Brian L. Friesen