Re: Can anyone help?

Subject: Re: Can anyone help?
From: George Mogiljansky (mogiljan@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 17:33:59 MDT

Hi Brian ,
I, too, had all sorts of issues. Not an expert user by
any means (still don't have TCP/IP but YD 2.0 is
installed), I ended up using an IDE HDD instead of
SCSI, Virtual Memory off. I don't remember if your
monitor makes the supported list, so try an Apple
monitor or just a smaller one. Partitioning the HDD is
critical, too.
George

--- "Brian L. Friesen" <bfriesen@visual-image.com>
wrote:
> OK, I posted this yesterday and have not received
> any suggestions, so
> I'll try again.
>
> Installing YDL 2.0 on a Beige G3 Tower
>
> Hardware: PowerPC G3 Beige Tower (purchased in 1998)
> 333 Mhz, 256 MB RAM, 6 MB VRAM
> 35 GB Hard Drive
> Sony Trinitron Multiscan 500 PS 21" Monitor
>
> Attempted configuration:
>
> Partitioning: 5 GB for Mac OS 9.04
> 30 GB+/- for YDL 2.0 and other
> software.
>

> Problem:
>
> After following the instructions to the letter at
> least a half dozen
> times from initializing and partioning the drive to
> selecting the
> xboot ram disk and clicking on "Linux", I get the
> same result.
>
> The screen goes dark and nothing happens.
>
> On several occasions the screen showed very, very
> dark lines of text
> saying various drivers were being checked, but
> that's it. Nothing
> happens. The screen stays dark. Restart after
> restart.
>
> I have tried the text ram disk image as well. Same
> result.
>
> Could the Linux install disk be corrupt? Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian
> --
> Brian L. Friesen
>
> -- End User Advocate --
>
> Visual Image Group
> bfriesen@visual-image.com
> 1-800-777-0384

=====
/'\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ / No HTML/RTF in email
 X No Word docs in email
/ \ Respect for open standards

Love your neighbour as yourself. (from Luke 10:27)