Re: yaboot from BootX

Subject: Re: yaboot from BootX
From: Gavin Hemphill (hemphill@drea.dnd.ca)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 04:44:17 MDT

well, first I'd install the 9.2.1 upgrade before you do anything about
installing yaboot - the 9.2.1 upgrade screws up yaboot. If you're
planning to change to YDL 2.0 and don't have anything critical on the
disk (that you haven't already backed up of course :-) I'd just go with
an install. Retrofitting yaboot to your system will be a pain anyway
since you'll need to create a small 16 to 32 Mbyte boot partition. The
archives have pointers to the "new" location for ybin/yaboot
information. (I don't have the reference handy).
        G++