Re: Removing Linux

Subject: Re: Removing Linux
From: Patrick Callahan (pac1@tiac.net)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 05:30:26 MDT

On Monday 24 September 2001 01:06, you wrote:
> >I am going to install YD on my new iBook. I love Linux, but anyway:
> >if something goes wrong, How can I remove completely Linux from my
> >notebook?

I think you can just re-initialize the YDL partition as HFS+ and reboot.
If the mac has trouble finding macos, you can boot off the macos install CD
and reset the boot disk from there.

Don't let a blinking ? stop you. If the install cd is in it will eventually
find it.

You may be asking later if there's a way to completely remove MacOS

I used to use MacOs. I even bought a copy of MacOSx. I've got the disk
around here somewhere. Maybe someday I'll get around to installing it.

These days, the only reason I ever boot macOs is to do my taxes. Its still
there on the disk somewhere... I think...

-Pat