Re: Please help me figure this kernel stuff out!!

Subject: Re: Please help me figure this kernel stuff out!!
From: Bo Brinkman (brinkman@cs.princeton.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 07:50:14 MDT

Sorry if this has already been said. :) Generally Ben H.'s kernel
version is considered to be the best (2.4) kernel for PPC users. You can
obtain the latest version using rsync from rsync.penguinppc.org. Read
the man page for rsync, then do

rsync -avz --delete rsync.penguinppc.org::linux-2.4-benh <target
directory>

rsync (if you are not familiar with it) has the benefit that it
efficiently discovers differences between your current code and the code
in the repository, which means that in the future when you update your
kernel source code, it won't require very much network traffic.

Bo

--
William "Bo" Brinkman                         brinkman@cs.princeton.edu
Princeton Computer Science                 http://www.derandomized.org/