Re: module loading problems on custom built kernel

Subject: Re: module loading problems on custom built kernel
From: Timothy A. Seufert (tas@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 21:05:11 MDT

At 8:53 PM -0500 9/29/01, Neill Miller wrote:
>Hello,
> I'm a recent convert to YDL 2.0 from Linux/PPC 2000 Q4 using a
>Powerbook G3 2000 (Pismo/Firewire). I've successfully recompiled a new
>kernel and it's running fine - however *no* modules will load due to a
>large number of unresolved symbols.

YDL 2.0 shipped with a modutils RPM that did not include the depmod
tool. depmod is used during the kernel build process to process
symbol dependencies for modules; if you don't have it the modules
will build but will fail to load as you've experienced. YDL has an
update to modutils on their FTP site which fixes this problem.

--
Tim Seufert