FTP Site Live

Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 18:37:01 -0600 (MDT)

Hey all,

I just wanted to let you know that ftp.yellowdoglinux.com is online.

Some updates are available in /pub/yellowdog/champion-1.0/updates
Note: 'updcd_ramdisk.image.gz' is an update ramdisk ONLY for people
with a YDL CDROM. 'ramdisk.image.gz' will work for everyone else.

(Do not use ramdisk.image.gz with your YDL CDROM as this just updates
the first stage of the installer.. the CDROM contains the second stage;
updcd_ramdisk.image.gz has both first and second stage combined so CDROM
users can have an updated installer)

The updated ramdisks add iMac support to our installer and fix bugs
which caused signal 11's depending on the situation.

Please let me know of any problems that you experience with the new
ramdisks. (they should be pretty rock solid)

I also posted a newly compiled 2.2.5 kernel (YDL ships with 2.2.2).

We'll have a press release tomorrow about our iMac support and the ftp
archive coming online. The updates page will also go online which will
have a list of the updates... where to get them and what they fix.

There you have it,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 email: dburcaw@yellowdoglinux.com