Re: iMac questions.....

Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 14:11:47 -0600 (MDT)

Mike,

> I just got my copy of YDL, and i've installed it onto my rev. B iMac. I
> used the updated kernel available on ftp.yellowdoglinux.com.
>
> Questions that I didn't see answered in the manual (.pdf version, downloaded):
>
> 1. Are any other mice supported other than the Apple USB mouse? I have a
> Logitech USB wheel mouse that I would prefer to use.

Should be. As root run "mouseconfig".
At the bottom of the list are the USB mice. (The options I believe are 1
button, 2 button, or 3 button).

As I haven't tested a non-Apple USB mouse please do let me know how it w
orks.

> 2. It appears that the symbolic link for the XF86Config file in
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 is broken, as the target (/etc/XF86Config) doesn't
> exist. Is there a default XF86Config file to use?

Yup... /etc/X11/XF86Config is where the config file goes.
I'd try the config on w3.one.net/~johnb/imaclinux/
We're working on an improved Xconfigurator which generates working
modes on iMacs.

> 3. eth0 didn't initialize during boot. I get the following error message:
>
> Bringing up interface eth0:
> Using DHCP for eth0: FAILED.

Hmmmmm.. interesting. Did you configure your netwowrk?

> Any ideas/suggestions?
>
> I love bleeding-edge technology. :)
>
> Mike

Dan