Install problems on PB G3

perry (perryp@shore.net)
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 23:27:19 -0400

I've got a Powerbook G3/300 with 192MB RAM and 2 gigs set aside for YDL,
which arrived this morning. I partitioned everything, and got my macOS
system back in place on the mac side of the drive, and then i went to
install YDL, but i appear to have hit a snag...

i'm able to get into the installer and say ok to the first screen, but when
it craps out when i get to the language selection page. More specifically:

        "Install Exited Abnormally -- received Signal 11"

all processes are killed off, and i'm told to reboot.

in BootX, i have the settings listed in the install docs - "Use RAM Disk"
and "No Video Driver" checked.

Any idea what i can do to make this work? my understanding is that this is
a supported machine. thanks.

-perry