[yellowdog-general] Re: More Powerbook install problems

Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 19:24:38 -0600 (MDT)

Trust me, thats not updated.
ftp.yellowdoglinux.com is a round robin address to our "official mirrors".
Basically we don't have enough bandwidth to server a a linux distribution
so the only people that grab from our servers directly are the mirrors.

In the future we'll consider having at least an updates system in house,
but for now we just don't have the bandwidth. (Downloads would gobble up
our T1 -- which we share with an ISP)

You are right, that ramdisk is newer then the one on the cd, but that one
still has powerbook problems. All of those problems were fixed with
last nights installer build. I verified it on a PBG3 and so I expect
you'll have no problems. I'll email the list later tonight when our
mirrors have pulled the changes.