[yellowdog-general] Re: [yellowdog-general] Re: Maillist

Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 19:32:39 -0600 (MDT)

This is also true.
If any of you use a unix account for email, surely you have Procmail.
Also, most major email clients do have a filtering system.

As for me, I like one large inbox.
Again, I can remove the subject prefix, I thought I'd add it for a bit and
if enough ppl hate it I can remove it.

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Craig Roberts wrote:

> > If this isn't possible (if not, can you really call yourself a Linux
> > Company? ;), then perhaps (like this is gonna happen ;), by convention, we
> > need to indicate in all our subjects that the message relates to the
> > YDLGeneral Mailling list.
> I disagree. There's no need to indicate the origination of a message in the
> Subject heading - I would rather that was used to describe the content of the
> msg itself.
> Surely, you are using a emailer with Rules processing for filtering messages
> according to the TCP headers?
>

> Cheers

> Craig Roberts, ANZCS Senior IT Consultant
> e-mail: craig@rata.cce.ac.nz
>
> Tel: +64 3 343 7750 Fax: +64 3 348 4311
> College of Education, Christchurch, New Zealand.

Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 email: dburcaw@yellowdoglinux.com
 website: http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/